Research Group: Thermophysical Properties of Materials
Location: Faculty of Engineering of Bilbao, Bilbao (UPV/EHU)
The research group is seeking candidates for a postdoctoral position in computational fluid dynamics modelling (CFD). The applicant will work in a university research team in collaboration with an important industrial partner. The goal of this project is to develop a heat transfer CFD model with combustion in a complex geometry for direct industrial application. Research and development activities will include:
– Design and development of a heat transfer CFD model including combustion.
– Analysis of the importance of different heat transfer mechanisms.
– Optimization strategies of working conditions of the system.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience and a strong publication record in one or more of the following areas:
– CFD modelling.
– Combustion physics modelling.
– Turbulent flows.
– Heat transfer processes in industrial applications.
Applicants must possess the ability to work independently and perform critical analysis, as well as, good level of cooperative and communication skills, as evidenced by publications and a cover letter.
It will be valued familiarity with: commercial software of finite element methods (ANSYS, STAR CCM+, COMSOL,…), technical drawing software (SolidWorks, Autocad, Solid Edge,…), MATLAB.
Ph.D. in Engineering or Physics completed within the past 5 years is required.
First day of employment
According to agreement
This position is for a one-year appointment, which could be extended. The applicant could finish working in an important company.
For information or to apply to the position write to:
Your complete application must be received no later than the 21th of July.
The application must contain the following documents in PDF format.
– Cover letter with a statement of professional interest.
– CV with list of publications.
– Contact information.
– PhD thesis and two selected scientific papers.