Research Group: Thermophysical Properties of Materials
Location: Faculty of Engineering of Bilbao, Bilbao (UPV/EHU)
The research group is seeking candidates for a predoctoral position to perform the PhD. in Computer Vision applied to thermographic inspection. The applicant will work in a university research team in collaboration with important industrial partners. The goal of this project is to develop corrective computer vision strategies, in particular for radiative heat transfer models, in order to get accurate quantitative thermographic readings for direct industrial applications. Research and development activities will include:
– Analysis of radiative heat transfer models.
– Analysis of computer vision strategies for quantitative measurements.
– Study of usual errors related to thermographic measurements.
– Development of correction algorithms for real industrial cases.
– Development of optimization strategies for working conditions.
Good skills in programming (MATLAB, Python…).
Applicants must possess the ability to work independently and perform critical analysis, as well as a good level of cooperative and communication skills.
It will be valued experience in computer vision or image processing and knowledge of technical drawing software (SolidWorks, Autocad, Solid Edge,…)
Grades in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
First day of employment
According to agreement
For information or to apply to the position write to:
Your complete application should be received no later than the 21st of July.
The application must contain the following documents in PDF format.
– Cover letter with a statement of professional interest.
– Contact information.